changing dose

Hi. I was on a regime taking prezista, 800mg, ritonavir 100mg and truvada. I have now moved back to Africa where we do not have the 400mg prezista but we only have the 300mg. Now i have to take 600mg prezista with 100mg ritonavir twice a day and truvada once a day. I am now worried about the change because i was responding well to my first regime and i have learnt that the second regime is for experienced patients who are resistant. I started taking ARVs this year May. Will this change be good for me? The second question is that instead of truvada i am now given didivir instead of truvada, are these the same? Thanks

Hi and thanks for posting from Africa.

Darunavir (Prezista) can either be dosed once daily (800 mg + 100 mg ritonavir) or twice daily (600 mg + 100 mg ritonavir; twice daily). If you don't have drug resistance, either dosing can be used; for people living with PI-resistant virus only the twice daily scheme is recommended. Prior to the approval of the 800, or 400 mg tablets we used to use 3-300 mg (or 900 mg) once daily with 100 mg ritonavir.

As for your second question, Didivir is a generic version of Truvada, so yes, they are the same.

Hope that's helpful. BY

frastrated
Can I change my Prezista schedule without probems