Complera and Traditional Chinese Herbs

As a PEP I just started Complera. In your opinion would taking Traditional Chinese Herbs interfere with the Complera? My Primary Care Dr. Said he wasn't sure and my Traditional Chinese Dr. in NYC (who is AMAZING and has been practicing for decades) says they won't and it's OK to take them. I'm asking for others opinions. Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

It'd difficult for me to answer your question as the answer depends on which herbs you're taking.

Without specific knowledge of the complementary "meds" your taking, it's impossible to know if there's an interaction. Indeed, complicating this is that while there is a potential for interactions, few have been well studied.

BY

work
Hiv false negative test