Viral load

Hi, please advise. My viral load in may 2013 was undectable and cd4 was 1098. My November results, my viral load is 20 and cd4 870. what are the chances of transmitting the virus with the new numbers?

Hello and thanks for posting.

The risk of HIV transmission depends on many factors, including what type of exposure and the viral load in the body fluid.

A viral load of 20 is very, very low. While the risk of transmission from such an encounter probably isn't zero, it's so low that I would not have great concern.

BY

Questions about recreational drugs, during first PEP treatment.
WORRIED ABOUT LOW CD4 COUNT