Dec 3, 2013
Hi, please advise. My viral load in may 2013 was undectable and cd4 was 1098. My November results, my viral load is 20 and cd4 870. what are the chances of transmitting the virus with the new numbers?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
A viral load of 20 is very, very low. While the risk of transmission from such an encounter probably isn't zero, it's so low that I would not have great concern.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Testing Ever Be Wrong?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Can Anxiety Cause Hiv Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.