big problem with viremia

Hello, I have a question. I take the second set of drugs. a total of 16 months, and 12 months of my viremia at the level of 130-160 and is not falling. What does it mean? whether there are people who I never goes viremia? if this level is dangerous? my doctor says that it is not a mutation because then viremia would be considerably higher. my cd4 are at the level of 650-850. Very please and have any info and advice. what it could mean, what to do? can investigate something? Currently I'm taking Atripla. Previously, I attended the Prezista, Viread, Norvir and Epivir.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I disagree with your doctor. Persistent low-level viremia (viral loads between 50 and 400) are clearly associated with increased risk of developing drug resistance and treatment failure. The fact that your viral load isn't increasing doesn't minimize this assessment as some mutations cause enough injury to the virus so that viral loads don't necessarily climb back to baseline.

While there are other causes of low-level viremia, such as less than ideal adherence or immune activation (from infections or vaccinations), I'd be concerned. A useful recent reference on this topic was recently published by Dr. Taiwo and the American Academy of HIV Medicine.

Good luck, BY

Surgery
failing treatment,