| drug interactions Orlistat / Efavirenz Lamivudine Zidovudine
Nov 28, 2013
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for question.
The basis for this is that the levels of efavirenz achieved in the absence of fat are thought to be sufficient to suppress virus. However, I think that your observation is well taken- in the case of doubt (or particularly when starting on medications, when the viral load is at its highest), holding back on Alli or separating the doses makes intuitive sense to me.
Hope this is helpful, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Much Does Zidovudine Cost?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.