drug interactions Orlistat / Efavirenz Lamivudine Zidovudine

Make use of Efavirenz and Lamivudine Zidovudine, can I use the drug Orlistat to help in weight reduction?

Thanks for question.

As far as I'm aware, there shouldn't be any significant negative drug-drug interactions between Alli (the over the counter version of Xenical) and efavirenz (part of Atripla).

The basis for this is that the levels of efavirenz achieved in the absence of fat are thought to be sufficient to suppress virus. However, I think that your observation is well taken- in the case of doubt (or particularly when starting on medications, when the viral load is at its highest), holding back on Alli or separating the doses makes intuitive sense to me.

Hope this is helpful, BY

My friend took his life. Please tell me it gets better
So frustrated!! Will there ever be a cure?