|Test after Pep
Nov 22, 2013
Dear dr Young, I've done my Pep course for 28days and I want to get it testes as soon as possible.My questions are, 1.what is the best time for testing? 2.which is the best test for knowing sooner,better and accurate result? I kindly waiting your precious answer.Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
HIV tests should be done after PEP on the same schedule as after exposure without PEP treatment: at baseline, 1 and 3 months after exposure.
Antibody tests (ELISA or Western Blot) are the standard.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When To Get Tested After PEP?
- Itchy Skin After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.