Kivexa and Isentress

Hi Doctor I commenced taking HIV medication 12 months ago. I take Kivexa and Isentress. I am doing great with this combination. In the morning I take one kivexa with one Isentress tablet. I then take another Isentress tablet in the evening. I just had two questions: 1. Is it ok to swallow the Kivexa tablet together with one Isentress tablet in the morning? 2. I want to start taking a multivitamin in the morning and a zinc supplement in the evening. Is it OK to take these supplements at the same time as my HIV medication?

Thank you

Hello and thanks for posting.

1) Yes, it's perfectly ok to take the Isentress and Kivexa (Epzicom) at the same time.

2) While I generally don't recommend taking more than a multivitamin (unless you have a clear cut vitamin deficiency or osteoporosis), it's ok to take the multivit and zinc at the same time as your HIV medications.

Be well, BY

Lipid profile
Stribild bioavailibility