Aging being HIV+ for 28 years

I'm 58 y/o and I was diagnosed with HIV in 1986, and my viral load is undetectable and my CD4 count is 600. (Under medication). I usually get tired with lack of energy. My ability to live and work "normally" has noticeably diminished in the last 5 years. Is this because I've been living with HIV for 28 years, taking meds for 24 years? Is this going to get worse? Is there anything I can do or take?

Hello and thanks for posting.

With your undetectable viral load and normal CD4 count, I wouldn't expect you to have declining energy-- it's not just because you've been positive for a long time.

Fatigue is a common symptom among positives and not a symptom that I'd tell you to live with.

What's most important is to understand the cause of your fatigue. There are many possible reasons, ranging from anemia, low testosterone, kidney/liver problems, depression, sleep apnea and so on. An evaluation by your care providers should help eliminate some of these and help identify the culprit.

Once that's done, appropriate measures to improve your energy can be started.

I hope that's helpful, BY

Canada Medicines
Still Worried