Toxo & HIV

HI doctor, Since my Dx almost 4 year ago, My IGg and IGm for Toxo has been positive, Im on truvada and evfirenz since 2 years ago with CD4 around 600 and 700 with VL<20. Im worried about the IGm always positive, what does it mean?Can i Hope some day the IGm become negative? Should I be medicated for toxo? thanks in advance

Hello and thanks for posting.

Without knowing the numbers, it's hard to interpret the IgM tests (which usually indicate recent infection).

That said, having a positive IgG means that you've been previously exposed to Toxoplasma- the organism that, in severely immunosuppressed people, can cause brain infections. It's actually quite common.

Fortunately, with your normal CD4 cell count, you're at no risk for developing this complication. You don't require any preventive treatment.

Hope that helps, BY

tadalfil
Canada Medicines