Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

HELP

Dr, I have read all the posts on here. I am waiting for my results, with all my symptoms (abdominal pain, night sweats, muscle pain) I believe I will be HIV +. I know the key is get on meds early. I consider myself in excellent health but do have high chols. I am also almost 50. What kind of life can I expect moving forward. I am so depressed, I cry myself to sleep every night. The thought of relaying on meds to stay in good health is very scary. Worried what the meds will do to my body in future. Please help answer questions.

Hi If indeed your test comes back confirming that you have HIV, I prominse there is life after diagnosis. I have been positive for almost 22 years and yes I have to take medication daily, but it's worth it. I'm healthy, have a super partner, a great job and am living the dream so to speak.

Getting accustomed to taking medication every day is at first hard, but it will just fall into your routine. A lot of the regimens that are available today are 1 pill once a day. Please also know that everything that you are feeling emotionally and mentally is normal. You may also find out that this is not HIV. Wait until you know for sure your results and then it's just one step at a time. Initially make sure you get in with an HIV specialist this is not something your primary care health care provider should follow.

When your results come back and you want to continue to talk and ask questions, please ask that's what we are here for!!!

I need some support
tadalfil