I need some support

Please tell me if Integrase Inhibitors, such as Tivicay and Isentress are associated with Lipoatrophy? I have to discuss with my ID doctor a new regiemen in the next week do to I was on complera for 2 years, but lately it has been making me really DEPRESSED! I have been positive for 18 yrs and finally found something I could tolerate but the depression has became too much too bear. I've tried Stribild a couple of Months ago, but it made me feel ill so I stopped. I also tried most of the Protease Inhibitors and my 18 years of being postive, but I am afraid of the facial wasting so I am looking for a combination that will keep me safe from facial wasting. It will make me really mental if I notice any changes in my appearance. What are some of the most common side effects of Tivicay? What can I take that will not cause Lipoatrophy? I have been on almost every thing. I know have to find something I can tolerate and be happy with. Please help!

Hello and thanks for posting.

Most of the modern HIV regimens are not generally associated with adding to lipodystrophy risk- this includes the integrase inhibitors, like Tivicay and Isentress (as well as elvitegravir).

Be aware that risk of lipo isn't just HIV medications, but also increased among people whose nadir (lowest) CD4 count is low.

Regarding Tivicay, the medication has been shown to be very well tolerated in large clinical trials, with less than a few percent of individuals reporting ever having headache, nausea or insomnia. In head to head trials against the highly recommened efavirenz or the boosted PI darunavir, Tivicay was shown to be better tolerated.

Hope that helps, BY

Can we make an assumption?
HELP