Time change

Thank you for this site, the questions and responses helps quite a lot.

I have been on Atripla for 8 months, I take it at 9pm, though i have never missed a dose, i have challenges sticking to 9pm on the dot as i feel that my dinner would not have been digested by then, i try and have dinner at 7pm. So some times i end up taking my pill at 9.30 or at 10pm but have never gone beyond 10 pm. Is this going to cause some resistance? Im very worried as just yesterday i slept and ended up taking my pill 4 hour late.

I need to change this time to first thing in the morning, say 6am when i wake up, but im very worried i may end up druged up through out the day at work, My questions are, can i just miss tha 9 pm pill and take it at 6am? and to avoid feeling drousy at work what do you recommend i do?

Hello and thanks for posting.

There's absolutely no problem if you vary the dose of your Atripla by a few hours. What's important is to take the medication, not the specific hour of the dose.

If the side effects ("feeling drugged") is a problem for you and your work situation, you should talk to your doctor about alternative medication options without this side effect (they exist, and are well supported by current treatment guidelines).

Be well, BY

Eviplera and Twilight Sedation and Ant Acid Meds
Can we make an assumption?