Can I get my meds couriered from India?

Hello Dr. Young,

I am an Indian citizen staying here in the US. I have my family in India and also my treating physician is in India.

Can I ask them to courier my meds here to me in the US as it would be much cheaper for me that way than to be buying the meds here in US?

Are there any restrictions to mailing my meds from India? And if there are none, is there anything specific they need to do while mailing like enclosing a copy of my prescription?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I'm not sure of the specifics of mailing medications from outside of the US- though I do know of many American patients who purchase their medications via mail order from Canada without apparent problems. You might inquire with such Canadian pharmacies.

Good luck and let us know how this turns out for you, BY

Response from Mr. Chambers

While there are restrictions on sending narcotics and psychotropic medications from India, I don't find anything related to HIV medications for personal use.

Do a browser search for "Postal restrictions from India to US". You will also find information at: http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/il_002.htm http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Customs_Information.aspx

Good luck, Jacques

Injectable nnrti
med switch - steady-state plasma concentration