Smoking tobacco while on Kaletra and Truvada

While I know smoking in general is bad for your health, I was wondering if smoke Cigarettes and/or Marijuana could effect the chances of Kaletra and Truvada working to it's full ability?

Having been a long time smoker not smoking has worsened the headaches.

Hello and thanks for posting.

While smoking tobacco is a bad thing for your health (and positives appear to be at even *greater* risks of smoking-related illness than negatives), there's no specific negative interaction with HIV medications. There's less data about the health impacts of marijuana, though it's thought to be be safer than tobacco smoking. Given the choice, I generally think it's safer to ingest, rather than smoke.

Hope that helps, BY

Starting meds
Dear Dr Young,