Smoking tobacco while on Kaletra and Truvada
Nov 4, 2013
Having been a long time smoker not smoking has worsened the headaches.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
While smoking tobacco is a bad thing for your health (and positives appear to be at even *greater* risks of smoking-related illness than negatives), there's no specific negative interaction with HIV medications. There's less data about the health impacts of marijuana, though it's thought to be be safer than tobacco smoking. Given the choice, I generally think it's safer to ingest, rather than smoke.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Herpes A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- How Common Is Coated Tongue?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.