HIV2 POSITIVE IS CONFIRMED USING HIV1 WB AND VL TESTS
Nov 1, 2013
DEAR SIR, MY WIFE IS BEEN TESTED WITH RAPID SPOT METHOD AND SHOWN HIV2 POSITIVE.FURTHER HIV1 WB CONFIRMED HIV2 AS INDICATED. AND VL USING HIV1 AS LESS THAN 66.9 IU/ML, IAM CONFUSED, IS, REALLY HIV1 TESTING PROCEDURES DETECT HIV2 PRESENCE. PLEASE HELP ME AND CLARIFY ME AS MY IS EXPECTING DELIVER VERY SOON.
Response from Dr. Young
Most HIV tests screen for both HIV-1 and HIV-2. If a confirmatory test like the Western blot is positive for HIV-2, then unfortunately, her test is positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Dry Blood?
- How Long Does Azithromycin Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.