Aleeve and advil

Greetings doctor. My question lies on the inquiry of whether its ok to take Advil and alleve when needed. While in the regimen of once daily pill complera. Please respond when you can. Being that I find myself needing to take them every now and then after a workout or long run or headache. Thanks in advanced.

Cheers to praying for good health

Hello and thanks for posting.

If you have normal kidney function and take the ibuprofen (Advil) or naproxen (Alleve) as directed for short periods, there's generally little harm.

However, it's important to also be mindful of your kidney health (and risks), since the tenofovir in your Complera (also in Stribild and Atripla) can also increase the risks of kidney injury.

If your aches are minor (and don't have liver disease), I tend to suggest using acetaminophen (Tylenol) or aspirin as front line pain relievers- they're not associated with kidney toxicity.

Hope that helps and be well, BY

Hair loss
lose silica gel of truvada