Hair loss

I am experiencing hair loss and I feel it is due to the application of Testim gel to treat low testosterone levels. Could this be true? The gel is doing wonders for my energy levels, libido, and general well being. It is great. I would hate to stop applying it but if hair loss is due to this treatment it has to go. I cut back from twice a day to once. Are there other treatments w/o such a side affect? Will the hair grow back?!

Hello and thanks for your post.

There are multiple causes of hair loss among men- but in brief, restoration of your testo levels to normal could be part of the story. If a reversible cause is identified, your hair should grow back.

The normal dose of Testim is once-daily- unless your care provider has specifically tested your levels and they are low on this dose, I'd suggest reducing dosing to once daily.

There are multiple benefits to having normal testo levels, including energy and libido, but also bone health.

I'd suggest speaking with your care provider about the situation and your options. BY

Complera, NSAIDS and Spinal Surgery
Aleeve and advil