Atripla vs Herbalife Products and Cialis

Hello Dr Young. I started using Atripla in January 2011. My CD4 count then was less than 20 and my V/L was about 99 000. After starting treatment my V/L quickly dropped to "undetectable" and my CD4 count gradually rose and 6 months ago was 254. Now I've just had blood tests done a week ago. My V/L is still undetectable but my CD4 count has dropped from 254 to 193 in 6 months. I've always been consistent with my treatment regime. The only thing which is new in my regime is that I started using Cialis 20mg once weekly 6 months ago, and I started using Herbalife Products (tea and shakes) 3 weeks ago, and my weight has dropped from 106Kg to 97Kg in 3 weeks, which is what I was aiming at achieving. Do you think either using herbalife products or using Cialis is responsible for a decline of my CD4 count?

Mr Diezel, South Africa

Hello Mr. Diezel and thanks for posting from South Africa.

I don't think that the differences in your CD4 counts are of any laboratory or clinical significance. Even if it was, there's no reason to think that the Cialis that your taking has any negative impact on CD4.

Hope that's helpful, BY

First hurdle with Complera
prostratin, can it be a cure for hiv2 as well?