Oct 31, 2013
Hi doctor i have some doubts as given below. 1)sciencetists researching for hiv cure or vaccine.? 2)if they succeed in next coming days whatever it may be (cure or vaccine) whether it is useful for already infected persons or not.? Please and thanks.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
I'm encouraged about the possibilities of HIV cure- though much, much more research (and commitment, and time) will be needed.
1) yes, absolutely (search TheBody.com for more) 2) It won't be coming days, but likely years before we will know more about how such treatments will work in people who have chronic HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Diarrhea An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Dizziness A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Dry Cough A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.