RE: The Anonymous Place Thailand [channeling Andrew]
Oct 31, 2013
Hello Dr Ben,
I am not sure if the question pertains to the individual wanting a Hostpital ... From what I know the Thai Red Cross in Silom is a out Patients Clinic. I have never attended this clinic, yet I do believe they also provide medication prescriptions (will be generic)
However below is the following information.
The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center set up the Anonymous Clinic on July 4, 1991. It is the first clinic in Thailand not required to report HIV-infected patients to the government. The clinic gives knowledge and advice about AIDS and offers anonymous testing. Patients are not asked for their names or addresses; instead, each patient is assigned an identification number.
The services presently offered include: 1. Knowledge and advice about AIDS hepatitis B, syphilis and blood group testing. Test results are treated as confidential, and patients need not give their names or addresses.
2. Anonymous testing of CD4 cells for HIV+ patients to determine antibody levels.
3. HIV viral load testing Knowledge and advice about veneral diseases, and veneral disease testing and treatment. How to collect a blood sample for HIV viral load testing, Collect seven millilitres of blood in an EDTA-treated tube (to prevent it from clotting), and have the tube sent to the Anonymous Clinic as soon as possible within six hours. In case it is not possible to have it sent within six hours, isolate the plasma from the blood by churning it at a speed of 1500 rounds per minute. Place the plasma in a box of ice at -20 degree Celsius and send it to the Clinic within 24 hours. The b-DNA method is used in HIV viral load testing.
4. Hepatitis B viral load testing. How to collect a blood sample for Hepatitis B viral load testing Collect five millilitres of blood in an EDTA-treated, non-heparin tube (to prevent it from clotting), and have the tube sent to the Anonymous Clinic as soon as possible within six hours. In case it is not possible to have it sent within six hours, isolate the plasma, or serum, from the blood by churning it at a speed of 1500 rounds per minute. Place it in a box of ice at -20 degree Celsius and send it to the Clinic within 24 hours. The PCR method is used in HBV viral load testing.
Service fees 1. Anonymous AIDS, viral hepatitis B, syphilis, and blood group testing is available on weekdays from 12:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9:00 - 12:00 a.m. The clinic is closed on Sundays and official holidays.
Regular / Immediate Results
1. AIDS 80 baht / 200 baht
2. Viral Hepatitis B 70 baht / 200 baht
3. Syphilis 50 baht / 60 baht
4. Blood Group 20 baht
CD 4 cell counting is available on Fridays from 8:30 - 11:00 a.m. only. The fee is 400 baht.
HIV viral load testing is available during office hours. The fee is 3,000 baht.
HBV viral load testing is available during office hours. The fee is 2,500 baht.
Thai Red Cross Anonymous Clinic 1871 Rama 4 Road Bangkok 10330 Phone: (662) 2256 - 4109 Fax: (662) 254 - 7577
Response from Dr. Young
Thank you so much for the information!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.