|Virol load at 80
Oct 30, 2013
dear sir I have been on Atripla for over 3 years, my last 2 test show my Virol load at 80 two test in a row... my doctor says not to worry since my T cell are increasing to 680, he claims it could be a lab error... what is your take. is this a plup or should I be worried?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
I agree with your doctor. As long as you've remained adherent to your medication, it's very likely that your very low viral load is of no significance. In addition to laboratory error, a common reason why we'll see these values (less than 100) is because of minor stimulation of your immune system- such as happens if you have a cold sore, or sinus infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepatitis C Feet Pain Swelling
- Will Kids Catch Genital Warts If Parents Have It?
- What Percentage Of People Could Be A Hpv Carrier?
- What Is The Treatment For Hair Loss From Syphilis?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Age Group Does Genital Warts Affect The Most?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.