ODIMUNE

Hi i need help,I was on Atripla for the past two years and my medical aid changed my meds in May 2013. My Cd4 count in May was 569 but when i went for the blood test on 24 of October my CD4 count has dropped to 512 and my doctor says he is still happy with the result but im worried as i do not understand what could be causing such a huge drop in a space of 6mnths i still take my meds religiously and im not under any stress.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I agree with your doctor. CD4 cells fluctuate a lot from day to day and a drop of 57 cells (from 500) isn't a cause of concern. Indeed, I'd suggest that you look at your CD4% if it's available. It's generally less subject to variations, and might provide reassurance.

BY

tpha positive
Virol load at 80