Oct 30, 2013
i underwent medical examination as required by the agency for working in saudi arabia. i was surprised with the result for i am not fit to work due to the following findings: vdrl reactive tpha positive (93.93) elevated alkaline phos. (166) can you enlighten me on this result. thank you very much
Response from Dr. Young
Your results (positive VDRL and TPHA) indicate that you've been exposed to syphilis. Syphilis is easily treated with penicillin, but the tests will remain positive, as they don't indicate whether you have active (or untreated) disease or only previous exposure (and treatment).
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute And HIV Transmission Risk
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.