Oct 30, 2013
Hi Doc I was on truvada and naverepine for a year and it was not working was changed to aluvia and truvada can i change to atripla.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
The answer depends on why the medication wasn't working. If it was because of side effects, then Atripla might be a possibility. On the other hand, if you were switched off of nevirapine because of increased viral load (if you were adherent) and drug resistance, then because of cross drug-resistance issues, it's probably unlikely that the efavirenz part of Atripla will be effective.
The best way to know the answer in your case is if drug resistance testing was performed. The results of this test will tell if nevirapine resistance generated efavirenz resistance.
I hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.