Testing after combivir

Hi doctor

I had an exposure this year to blood of an unknown person who was a high risk individual. The blood got on my skin and may have been transferred to my eye or nose as it was on my hand. My skin seemed to be intact. I had the blood on me for about an hour it was a small amount though, this was due to it being a first aid situation. It was dry when I noticed it and may have been dry the whole time as I only touched the guys hand to help him up.

My doctor put me on combivir at 3.5 days post exposure. I took a 30 day course. Two weeks after completing the pep I had a DNA pcr test done which came back negative and multiple negative rapid tests out to 6 months post exposure. Due to anxiety and fear and odd symptoms I had a 4th generation elisa test at 8 months post exposure with a negative result. I also tested neg for hbv and hcv at 6 months post exposure.

My question is am I in the clear now and truly negative or could the pep have altered my body's ability to make antibodies and could I still not be showing an infection? Desperate to finally rest assured of my status without doughts about what the pep could be affecting.

Thank you

Hello and thanks for posting.

If you tested negative at 3 or more months after exposure (and you've had no other potential exposures) your negative. Truly.

BY

Took my meds twice in a day
HAART Combo + Flucloxacillin