Should i start PEP?

yesterday i had receptive anal sex with a top who was undetectable HIV positive, no ejaculation involved. Should I start PEP?

Thanks for your answer.

Mark

Hello Mark and thanks for posting.

When someone takes HIV medications and has an undetectable viral load, their risk of transmission to others is very, very low. Indeed, this forms a strong part of the basis of health policy called Treatment as Prevention (TasP).

In your case, if you can really rely on the news that your top was really on treatment an undetectable, your risk is probably negligible for HIV (and depending on medications, HBV) transmission.

If you're not as sure (really), then unprotected anal receptive (bottom) sex with a known HIV+ is of significant risk, and I'd recommend PEP. The key to PEP is that is must be started within 72 hours of the exposure to be effective.

I hope that helps, BY

HIV Pep and milk products
Took my meds twice in a day