Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

taking ARV at different time...
Oct 26, 2013

hello dr, i currently started ARV (truvada + atazanavir + rotinavir) and I normally taking it @ 8pm. but sometimes i do have a crazy schedule and end up taking them early like 6pm or 7pm....will this effect anything if i keep on switching the time for my ARV intake? i try to keep the time frame close as i can.

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thank you for posting.

This is increasingly a common question.

For once-daily medications, there's no need to be so strict as to aim for every 24 hours. So long as you generally take your medications at the same part of the day (for example, in the morning or evening), there's no problem.

Remember with atazanavir (Reyataz) containing regimens, that the pills should be taken with food.

Be well, BY

Previous
PEP question - 28 day cycle, please help!
Next
Atripla

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.