Oct 25, 2013
Good afternoon Dr,if I test hiv negative in two weeks should I stop pep medication?
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
HIV testing isn't accurate at 2 weeks after exposure and shouldn't be used to determine if one is infected or not.
Either way, if your risk was significant enough to justify starting PEP, I'd recommend finishing out the full 28 days of treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Neuropathy After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.