Oct 25, 2013
Good afternoon Dr,if I test hiv negative in two weeks should I stop pep medication?
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
HIV testing isn't accurate at 2 weeks after exposure and shouldn't be used to determine if one is infected or not.
Either way, if your risk was significant enough to justify starting PEP, I'd recommend finishing out the full 28 days of treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Find Out If You Have An Std?
- What Can Vaginal Bumps Be Other Then Stds?
- Bruise And Cut On Testicles And Hiv Transmission
- Can HIV Live In The Ink For Tattoos?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.