Missed a dose of combivir
Oct 24, 2013
Ive been on meds for 4 years now and just recently i missed a dose of combivir every week for 3 weeks in a row. I have high adherance to my regimen before but recently i just keep on forgetting my dose due to my workload. Should i worry to develop resistance? Thank u for patiently reaponding to all our questions and worries.
Response from Dr. Young
Missing one dose of medication is by no means the end of the world or mean that you'll develop drug resistance.
If that second dose of HIV meds is a problem for you, I'd suggest using pill boxes, timers/alarms or to link the dose to a daily routine.
In the end, if having a twice-daily regimen is a risk for adherence, talk to your care provider about once-daily options.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.