what meds might be best?

I have been taking Combivir (2x daily) and Sustiva (1x daily) since 2005. My Tcell count has ranged from 1650-2300 and viral load undetectable since then. My doctor and I have talked about changing to a once pill a day regimine. to help me be more compliant. My work schedule changes often and it messes with my regimine. Which of the one aday pills would you recommend? Thanks for your time. I appreciate all that i have learn from the experts at The body.com

wst

Hello and thanks for posting.

While it's important to weigh the pros and cons of switching medications, one of the biggest reasons is to improve adherence.

You're currently taking a multi-pill, twice daily regimen- so you could consider the potential benefits of moving to either a fewer pill, or once daily (or both) regimen.

In the US and Europe, there are currently three (and by next year, 4) single pill regimens. The three approved pills all include tenofovir+FTC (so as long as you have normal kidney function and limited bone health problems, this is fine). They differ in their third medications- efavirenz (in Atripla), rilpivirine (in Complera) and the boosted integrase inhibitor, elvitegravir (in Stribild). Viiv Healthcare announced yesterday their FDA filing for approval of a different single tablet with abacavir+FTC and their new integrase inhibitor dolutegravir (Tivicay). If approved, this single pill regimen would be available by next summer.

Which single pills is best for you? This depends on a number of factors, including your viral load, other health issues and medications. I'd suggest speaking to your care provider to hone in on the beset choice.

Hope that helps, BY

Essential Supplements???
HIGH BUN, KIDNEY FUNCTION