change of dosing times

Hi there, I was exposed and started taking atripla at 1:00am for the past three days, I find it difficult to wake up at that time to take meds,can I change my dosing time to 19:30-20:00? Also the medication makes me vomit can I take contromet for vomiting 30 minutes prior to my meals and than take atripla?

Thanking you in advance

Hello and thanks for posting.

Atripla isn't generally recommended for post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) because of side effects and higher rates of transmitted resistance to one of the meds in the pill (efavirenz).

Having said that, there's no problem in moving your dosing time to earlier in the evening.

BY

Blood Cells
Pep