Oct 24, 2013
I have been on truvada/prezista/norvir for about 1.5 years. I have never missed a dose. I will be unable to obtain prezista/norvir for a few days -- should I continue to take the truvada, or should I stop taking all HIV medications until I obtain more prezista/norvir?
I am worried about resistance.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
In the event of only having part of your treatment, I'd recommend holding all of your HIV medications until you have the complete regimen. I would not recommend just taking Truvada.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Drinking Water?
- Can Someone Get HIV From Sucking Penis?
- Can You Catch AIDS From Cut On Hand?
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Ear Piercing
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.