Oct 24, 2013
I have been on truvada/prezista/norvir for about 1.5 years. I have never missed a dose. I will be unable to obtain prezista/norvir for a few days -- should I continue to take the truvada, or should I stop taking all HIV medications until I obtain more prezista/norvir?
I am worried about resistance.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
In the event of only having part of your treatment, I'd recommend holding all of your HIV medications until you have the complete regimen. I would not recommend just taking Truvada.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
- How Long Does Hpv Last In The Immune System?
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.