Oct 24, 2013
I have been on truvada/prezista/norvir for about 1.5 years. I have never missed a dose. I will be unable to obtain prezista/norvir for a few days -- should I continue to take the truvada, or should I stop taking all HIV medications until I obtain more prezista/norvir?
I am worried about resistance.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
In the event of only having part of your treatment, I'd recommend holding all of your HIV medications until you have the complete regimen. I would not recommend just taking Truvada.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
- Can You Get Hiv Through Contact With A Bloody Cut?
- How Long Does It Take To Notice Hiv Symptoms After Contact?
- Can Hepatitis C Come Back After Interferon Cure?
- When Is Hpv Most Transmittable?
- What Happens If You Have Gonorrhea For A Year Without Treatment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.