SWITCHING OF MEDICINE

Sir, I have started taking DUOVIR-N when my CD-4 was 47 in Nov 2010 and in July 2013 it was 360 is it advised to switch to ATRIPLA or continue with my presents meds i am from India.

Regards

Hello and thanks for posting from India.

Compared with Duovir-N, Atripla is a more modern and widely recommended first-line treatment- a major advantage will be the simplification to a once-daily medication and removal of AZT. Switching from the AZT to tenofovir should result in lower side effects (anemia, fatigue, nausea or risk of lipodystrophy). Your kidney function and bone health should be monitored on all treatments, but especially those that contain tenofovir. For more information about kidney or bone health, check out these pages from IAPAC'smyhivclinic.org.

Hope that's helpful and let us know how the change works for you- I'm sure that many readers will be interested.

BY

NNRTIs Mutations
missing pills