Oct 24, 2013
Hello! I have these NNRTIs mutations :103wt/R, 135T,179D,181C. (Virco Test Resistence).
Does Rilvipirine be an option for me?? Thank you!!
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
When I do this with your virus' mutations, the results suggest intermediate level resistance to rilpivirine and etravirine (the NNRTIs that have activity against some resistant virus). Based on this, I would not rely on rilpivirine to be a fully active component of HIV treatment for your virus.
Hope that helps. Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.