Oct 24, 2013
Hello! I have these NNRTIs mutations :103wt/R, 135T,179D,181C. (Virco Test Resistence).
Does Rilvipirine be an option for me?? Thank you!!
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
When I do this with your virus' mutations, the results suggest intermediate level resistance to rilpivirine and etravirine (the NNRTIs that have activity against some resistant virus). Based on this, I would not rely on rilpivirine to be a fully active component of HIV treatment for your virus.
Hope that helps. Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Infection Licking Vagina
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Touching Penis
- Does Dry Mouth Mean I Have AIDS?
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.