Undetectable...but still Scared!! HELP

Dr. Young. Of course no one wants to deal with this disease. I know currently there are a lot of great Meds that target and suppress the viral load. To prevent damage to the body. Even though it took only a few months to get undetectable. I'm still scared senseless that I will die soon. That my organs and body are deteriorating faster each day. I saw something about shots being on the market as ones new form of med. is this true? I just don't know what to do sometimes

Hello and thanks for posting.

Take a deep breath. You've successfully navigated the most difficult part of your HIV health care-- namely getting tested, entering into care and getting onto meds. Your viral suppression means minimally that you've also figured out, if only initially, some of the challenges of medication adherence.

So long as you stay engaged in your care, research tells us that you have an essentially a normal life expectancy and should have excellent quality of life.

Saying this doesn't take away the many difficulties of living with HIV, such as isolation, stigma or discrimination, nor will this quickly resolve your fears. But read on, learn about your health though our pages and blogs. You'll find that things aren't as senseless scary as you may think.

BTW, there are once-monthly injectable medications in the pipeline- there still a ways off, and much research testing to be done.

Be well, BY

Can I get Truvada Efavirenz in USA
Pep tablets