HIV PEP (Truvada and Kaletra) and Pantoprazol

im nearly done with my first week of PEP. Now i have a question. Is it bad to take 40mg Pantoprazol daily in PEP? Im asking cause i have GERD,and as longer i dont take it,as bader gets my GERD.

Ive read a post in the www that tells me omeaprazol is bad for Kaletra. But the nurse in the hospital tells me its ok.Whats the deal about it?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Your nurse if right.

While pantoprazole can interact with some HIV medications- namely atazanavir, Complera and Stribild, there aren't any significant interactions with either Truvada or Kaletra.

Hope that helps, BY

Once a month vaccine and side effects
I'm scared viral load blip!!