Oct 13, 2013
help fast plz. last night i slept with a woman i dont trust and we did not use a condom,how can i protect myself from HIV?
| Response from Dr. Young
If you had a possible HIV exposure (and possibly other sexually transmitted infections), and it's within 72 hours of the exposure, you can take post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) medications.
If started quickly and adhered to, these medications are very highly effective in preventing HIV (and sometimes HBV) infection.
I'd suggest speaking to a healthcare provider promptly. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Jock Itch An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.