Is it ok to switch to Tivicay?

Hello, I have been poz for 6 years and take Isentress plus Truvada. It has worked very well and I feel fortunate. But with the newly approved Tivicay I am wondering if I can safely switch to once a day Tivicay plus Truvada? The only other drugs I take are Simvastatin for high cholesterol and Bystolic for high blood pressure. Is it ok to switch to Tivicay plus Truvade or should I hold off in case I become resistant to Isentress in the future? I take my meds faithfully. Thank you for your help.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Assuming that your viral load is suppressed, there shouldn't be any significant reason why you couldn't switch from the twice-daily integrase inhibitor Isentress to the once-daily Tivicay. Understanding that the decision to switch treatments should always be done thoughtfully and with appropriate monitoring after the change.

I definitely wouldn't suggest waiting for treatment failure first, rather, if the once-daily dosing offers benefits (like adherence improvements), this is something to take advantage of today.

Hope that helps and let us know how things work out for you- many readers will be interested.

BY

Moving to Japan
Missed dosage of Norvir/Truvada/Prezista