Oct 6, 2013
hey, i wanna know if there's any infection wich requires the use of didivir and aluvia except HIV?
Response from Dr. Young
Both Didivir (tenofovir/emtricitabine- known here as Truvada) and Alluvia (known here as Kaletra) are indicated for the treatment of HIV. Truvada and Kaletra also are used in prevention of HIV infection in people who may have been exposed to the virus.
Truvada (but not Alluvia/Kaletra) may also be used in the treatment of hepatitis B virus infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Will The Doctor Contact Me If I Test Positive For Hiv?
- Where Does Hepatitis Come From?
- Can You Get Hiv From Someone Who's Negative?
- What Is The End Result Of Hiv If Left Untreated?
- Would The Doctor Tell You Right Away About The Result Of Hiv Test
- How Families Deal With A Family Member With Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.