Short Term Prednisone for bronchitis and AIDS
Oct 5, 2013
Can an AIDS pt with undetectable viral load take short term Prednisone therapy? Any contraindications?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
While steroids should only be used if there's a medical indication, it's is ok to use them in people living with HIV. Indeed, prednisone is recommended for people with severe PCP.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do White Bumps On Penis Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Jock Itch A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
- Can Smx/tmp Cure Trichomoniasis?
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.