Libido miss

Hello Dr.Young, You have already in the past given me many good advices and I thank you for that!This time I have problem with my libido since 6 months....meaning I have no sexual appetite...no excitement and little erection.I have read about plants like ginger,MACA and ginsenG.....Do you think I can take these plants and not expect any HIVmeds interactions?Are they quite safe?For your information I am 60y and HIV since 1985 and currently since 2 years on Kivexa/Prezista/Norvir/Viread/Isentress.My V.L. is undectable / T4 535. Thanks in beforehand for your great help in all matters. Have a good week-end. My very best regards Erik Paris

Hello and thanks for posting again. It's good to know that my previous advice was useful.

Sorry to hear about your libido problems. Before launching into taking a bunch of largely unproven botanticals, I'd suggest talking to your provider to help sort out what the cause is. There is a wide range of medical and non-medical factors that might be playing a role--but especially at age 60, low testosterone or prostate problems are common (as are a few others). That said, it's unlikely that the herbals will help much, but I don't expect much in the way of drug-drug interactions.

Be well, BY

Can My Doctor Refuse Treating My HIV
truvada or epzicom?