For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

PEP drug combination

I made the mistake of having unprotected sex with another male who happens to be HIV+. I started PEP roughly 16hours after the incident. I want to know if my combination of Truvada (once daily) plus Combivir (twice daily) is the best course of action. I'm now on my 3rd day of medication.

Hello and thanks for posting.

In short, you don't need to be taking both Truvada and Combivir- one will likely do for PEP treatment- given the choice, I'd use Truvada alone.

Some guidelines would add a third medication to the two in Truvada- usually either a protease- or integrase inhibitor (but not efavirenz).

Hope that helps, BY

isentress+truvada side effects