Protein and pre workout supplement

Dear Doctor,

I workout in the gym on a daily basis and i'm taking protein and some pre workout supplement twice a day.

I am currently on ART Stocrin & Truvada. My question is, by taking protein will it affect my regimen in a long run?

Thank you

Hi and thanks for posting.

There are no specific interactions between your HIV meds, protein and multivitamins. The devils is in the details as to how much protein and what's in the supplements.

So long as your kidney function is ok, there shouldn't be a problem in taking protein supplements. I tend to avoid recommending creatine supplements, especially among folks on tenofovir, for potential risk of additive kidney issues.

I'd suggest talking to your pharmacist or care provider to be sure that it's ok.

BY

can take at same time co-trimoxazole + tenvir-em + stocrin
HIV Suicides and Cure