Your thoughts Dr. Vaccination story on Monkeys

Dr. Young I don't know if you have come across this story. Chances are you possibly have. But I wanted to see your opinion on it.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/09/13/vaccine-eradicates-virus-that-causes-aids-in-monkeys/

Not denying the legitimacy on this article. Of the remarkable findings of this. But am I reading into this wrong? This vaccine trial was a way to test the monkeys from not getting the SIV Virus correct. Not clearing or curing the monkeys that already had it. Which they want to parallel test hopefully on humans within the next few years. 1. Do you think this finding is legitimate? 2. Is the only progress results in finding a way to prevent infection? 3. Or is this a way to benefit both, prevention and possible complete eradication?

Hello and thanks for posting.

I think that this is an encouraging, but very early-stage finding. We've seen decades of encouraging monkey vaccine work only to have them fail in small- and large-scale human trials. So a healthy dose of moderated expectations is needed.

Moreover, I'd encourage folks not to use either CNN or Fox as a source for leading edge information about the research. They often get the message (especially Fox) wrong.

Also be aware that efforts for a protective vaccine are not the same as a vaccine to eradicate HIV from people already infected. These strategies, while not necessarily mutually exclusive, are usually different.

Hope that helps, BY

THE SCENT OF SICK
can take at same time co-trimoxazole + tenvir-em + stocrin