|Positive PCR RT RNA Test
Sep 25, 2013
Dear Dr, I had an high exposure (vaginal sex- burst condom) with a CSW, within 21 hours i was on PEP ( Tenofovir+ Lamuvudine+ Efavirenz). A qualitative RT RNA PCR test turned positive - detected after 12 days, whereas a p24 antigen test was negative at six days. Do I have hiv Thank You
| Response from Dr. Young
A positive HIV RNA test, if confirmed would implicate that you do indeed have HIV. I'd suggest an evaluation and repeat testing.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Urine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.