Eviplera and bad bowel Gas

Hi, I changed from Atripla to Eviplera due to the side effects that Atripla was causing. I am very impressed with the Eviplera but I have had issues with bowel gas and bloating. I have spoken to others taking Eviplera who also have the same side effects. Any foods to avoid or other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

Indigestion and gas are reported side effect of Complera/Eviplera. We've commented about this in a previous Forum question.

I'm not personally aware of advice or anecdotes about different food strategies to combat the side effect, but would welcome hearing from our other readers if they've had any luck. In the meanwhile, you might try altering the carb, fat or protein content of the meal that you take-keeping a food- and symptom diary might help remember what works best.

Hope that helps and good luck, BY

possible causes for excessive bruising sometime without cause
Positive PCR RT RNA Test