|vaccines in HIV neg who later becomes positive
Sep 21, 2013
hi doctor, what if a person HIV negative takes all the vaccines contraindicated for HIV positives (eg, for shingles and YF) and later himself become HIV positive unfortunately? would the diseases flare up for being live vaccines? regards.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
This situation should be fine. Indeed, most people receive a battery of vaccinations before they become HIV infected. I wouldn't anticipate any problems.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Test For HIV And How Fast Are The Results?
- The Only Sure Way To Avoid Aids And Stds
- How Much Semen Is Transferred To Get Hiv?
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- How Do Anal Warts Spread?
- How Long Does Genital Herpes Last?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.