Sep 18, 2013
I have been living with HIV for almost 3 years now. I recently discovered something that may be herpes. I intend to schedule an appointment as soon as possible, but I was wondering how this would change my treatment in the short term and potentially in the long term.
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
Herpes infection is very common in the general and HIV+ populations. While HSV infection can also make getting HIV easier (in negatives) and often painful, there's no effect of HSV on HIV treatments.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Shingles?
- What Is The Meaning Of Chlamydia Igm And Igg?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- Transmission Of Genital Herpes
- Effects Of Touching Genital Warts With A Finger
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.