Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

USING PEP MORE THAN 28 DAYS PLEASE RESPONSE NEED URGENTLY
Sep 17, 2013

Hello, please i will like you to help me with my question have been using pep more than 28 days the reason is i started using pep when i slept with a stranger with knowing statues during the sex period the condom was out i rush down to my private doctor and he gave me a prescription of lamzid i start using this for and after the end of the 28 days i was tested negative and i had another sex again after my hiv text that same day and the condom run out again which i find out the girl i had sex with was positive i have to run down to my doctor and explain the but he said to me i have to continue the lamzid for another 28 days please i want to be sure if this is right i need back your response...God bless you all

Response from Dr. Young

Hi and thanks for posting.

If you had a new potential HIV exposure while taking post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), you should restart the clock and extend your treatment duration to reflect the new exposure.

If you have repeated risky exposures, you might also consider using pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).

For more information, check out AIDS InfoNet's pages on PrEP and PEP.

Hope that helps, BY

Previous
Once a month treatment
Next
Timing between doses twice a day

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.