USING PEP MORE THAN 28 DAYS PLEASE RESPONSE NEED URGENTLY

Hello, please i will like you to help me with my question have been using pep more than 28 days the reason is i started using pep when i slept with a stranger with knowing statues during the sex period the condom was out i rush down to my private doctor and he gave me a prescription of lamzid i start using this for and after the end of the 28 days i was tested negative and i had another sex again after my hiv text that same day and the condom run out again which i find out the girl i had sex with was positive i have to run down to my doctor and explain the but he said to me i have to continue the lamzid for another 28 days please i want to be sure if this is right i need back your response...God bless you all

Hi and thanks for posting.

If you had a new potential HIV exposure while taking post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), you should restart the clock and extend your treatment duration to reflect the new exposure.

If you have repeated risky exposures, you might also consider using pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).

For more information, check out AIDS InfoNet's pages on PrEP and PEP.

Hope that helps, BY

Once a month treatment
Timing between doses twice a day